Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Movie Review Monday

Monday night is our movie night. Made good choices this week...I liked all three of them.

Day of Destruction. Rented it on DVD. Judging by the fading ins and outs, I'd say it was a made-for-TV movie. It was about natural disaster, overcoming adversity, and the human spirit facing tragedy. Saw "Jo" from Facts of Life. Ah, the good old days. Man, I haven't seen her in anything for a very long time. She was by far my favorite character on the show. Getting back to the point, I liked this movie. I like to see reminders of the goodness we are capable of showing each other. It's easy to see the hatred and injustice we show each other everyday. It's in the news. It's in your face. Reminds me of 9-11. People reaching out to each other, offering aid and comfort, putting theirselves out there, responding to both the audible and inaudible screams of humanity. *Inner self: Okay, stop, you're getting way off topic here.*


Before that, I saw Shall We Dance? with Richard Gere *who I do NOT believe had a gerbil in his butt*, J.Lo, and Susan Sarandon. Liked this one, too. It's about a guy who decides to spice up his mundane life with some ballroom dancing. Good idea. I happened upon ballroom dancing competitions once on public access and was surprised to find I really liked it. (If someone had even mentioned ballroom dancing to me before that, I would've thought how freaking boring it sounded. Waltzes and quick-stepping and shit like that. Blah, blah, blah, but it's really pretty cool and if you've never checked it out, you oughtta. Or hell, just watch the movie.) More people should do something, anything to step out of their dreadfully boring day-to-day existence and really live. ("more people" includes me!) Like Mel Gibson said, as William Wallace, "Everyman dies but not every man really lives." Ain't that the bleeping truth!


And there was another before that. Without a Paddle. This one stars the shrimp, Seth Green, Matthew Lillard (loved him since Scream), and Dax Shepard. When one of four childhood friends dies, the other three decide to carry out the plans they made as boys to find D.B. Cooper's loot. Oh my God, me and Steven laughed our asses off basically all the way through. Humor, is of course, subjective, but if your sense of it is anything like mine, you'll thank me for recommending it.

Wildcat @ 12:50 AM | permalink |

mane

Further down, you'll find my likes and dislikes... check out my stickers and tags too!




roar through the jungle
quizzes i've taken
Google Ga Ga

days till my birthday! (April 13)

song in my soul

- I feel like there is no need for conversation Some questions are better left without a reason And I would rather reveal myself than my situation -

~Shinedown~Burning Bright~


recent tails

Snap Mah Picture! Good News!
Conversation With Steven, Etc.
Quiz: What is Your Inner Hero?
Quiz: The Rogers Indicator of Multiple Intelligenc...
People Really Eat That Shit?! (Part 4)
Prowling Through the Blogroll... (Quiz)
Too-Early-To-Be-Pissed-Off and The Big Dingdong
I'm Right-Brained!!! (Quiz)
Learn a New Word Each Day
List: The Best Little Things


old tails


likes...

mmm...hunting prey, my cubs, rock music *LOUD*, blogging, movies, computer games, football, working with graphics in PSP, photography, horseback riding, motorcycles, nature, other animals, stargazing, beaches and swimming (strange for a wildcat huh?), camping, hiking, Pepsi, lasagna, pizza, tacoes, catfish, Native American music, Native American philosophy


dislikes...

dishonesty & deception, rap music, liver, okra, trophy hunters, littering, ultra liberals and ultra conservatives, abortion!, any form of injustice, uptight assholes


hunting grounds

blogskins
publish your blog
blog quizzes
audio blog










Blogwise - blog directory


stickers & tags

Pawprints left since Feb. 10, 2005

Mood at last post...











search the jungle

Technorati search


Wildcat's Soul
aoi's design from SCRATCH © 2004
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com