Monday, March 07, 2005
Snap Mah Picture! Good News!

One of my passions is photography. It's something I really want to be good at it and potentially find employment doing. I just recently got a digital camera and recently did a search on photo contests. These serve a dual purpose for me. First and foremost, they offer exposure. Exposure=Portfolio. Second -- and this is the icing on the cake -- they offer prizes! Monetary prizes. Moolah. Money. Greenbacks. Bread...i.e., something I'm always painfully lacking. These are the ones I'm currently planning on entering:

International Library of Photography's photo contest. Prize: up to $10,000!

Field and Forest nature photo contest. Can enter up to three photos. Prize: $25

American Image photo contest. Monthly contest, can enter daily. First prize: $1000. Category prize: $100. There are also Most Valuable Member prizes for "Most Active", "Best Comments", "Best Profile", and "Best Album". Awesome! Plenty of chances to win.

Reptile Photo Contest. This one's looking for pictures of reptiles with their owners and since we have a snake...This one ends March 14th. The prize isn't great, but again, there's the all-important exposure. You win a temp gun and a book titled Art of Keeping Snakes.

I'm excited about this! I know there's a lot to photography and capturing that standout award-winning photograph, and that I could probably use some study and self-training, but I feel confident I can do this! Best of all, I would be accomplishing a dream...how great is that?




More positive news! I just got a call from one of the Jones's daughters and they will be coming home from the hospital tomorrow! Barbara has been there since January 25th to get a knee replacement replaced and Bill has been there since January 30th. Poor things. I will be returning to work for them Wednesday. I'll have to go visit them tomorrow evening, though. I've missed them.

Wildcat @ 10:34 AM | permalink |

mane

Further down, you'll find my likes and dislikes... check out my stickers and tags too!




roar through the jungle
quizzes i've taken
Google Ga Ga

days till my birthday! (April 13)

song in my soul

- I feel like there is no need for conversation Some questions are better left without a reason And I would rather reveal myself than my situation -

~Shinedown~Burning Bright~


recent tails

Conversation With Steven, Etc.
Quiz: What is Your Inner Hero?
Quiz: The Rogers Indicator of Multiple Intelligenc...
People Really Eat That Shit?! (Part 4)
Prowling Through the Blogroll... (Quiz)
Too-Early-To-Be-Pissed-Off and The Big Dingdong
I'm Right-Brained!!! (Quiz)
Learn a New Word Each Day
List: The Best Little Things
Prowling Through the Blogroll...


old tails


likes...

mmm...hunting prey, my cubs, rock music *LOUD*, blogging, movies, computer games, football, working with graphics in PSP, photography, horseback riding, motorcycles, nature, other animals, stargazing, beaches and swimming (strange for a wildcat huh?), camping, hiking, Pepsi, lasagna, pizza, tacoes, catfish, Native American music, Native American philosophy


dislikes...

dishonesty & deception, rap music, liver, okra, trophy hunters, littering, ultra liberals and ultra conservatives, abortion!, any form of injustice, uptight assholes


hunting grounds

blogskins
publish your blog
blog quizzes
audio blog










Blogwise - blog directory


stickers & tags

Pawprints left since Feb. 10, 2005

Mood at last post...











search the jungle

Technorati search


Wildcat's Soul
aoi's design from SCRATCH © 2004
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com